in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Flex hours. if you work 12 hours one day, you don’t have to work as many the next—that’s how our office runs. on days we have big events, it’s nice knowing the next morning we can sleep in…at least past 4 am.
- Gap jeans. one positive of waking up before 8 am on weekends is that you’re given the natural opportunity to shop online…or be productive— be your battles. regardless, last weekend, i was up before 8, discovered a 40% off denim deal & am in love with some new blues.
- Hand mixer. i’m so in love with my big counter top mixer, i hadn’t given the Kitchenaid hand mixer much credit. until last night, when i was making chocolate butter-cream frosting for celebration cakes. that little motorized nugget is a gem.
- Meridian. this place is amazing. for years, i’d driven by the restaurant that resides in a historic house, but finally stopped in for one of the most delicious meals i’ve had in
days, months,years. i would highly recommend this establishment if you’re looking for an upscale/higher end meal.
- Proposals. yesterday, i was honored to be apart of a proposal. in my almost 30 years, i’d never witnessed a proposal firsthand, so this was a real treat. it was a little Love Actually mixed with a little reality tv show gold…pretty great stuff. plus, she said yes (!!!).
- Three Dog Bakery. my co-worker surprised me by picking up some doggy truffles for Bentley while she was out on her lunch break. if i didn’t know better, i would’ve thought they were human treats (& honestly, i’m still not convinced they’re not). if you’re looking to spoil your pooch, check out this place & consider the truffles.
- True Detectives. i keep hearing rave reviews of this show, & after 4 episodes, i have no idea in hell what is going on. the only thing i know is that is a been a great topic of conversation with other lost minds, & maybe that’s the point…along with staring at Matthew McConaughey.