in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad. can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Ebates.* you know what makes treating yourself & Christmas shopping a little bit sweeter? getting cash back for shopping online. i seriously don’t know how i waited so long to start using this, but i’m so glad i do…90% of the time!
- Harry & David Pears. nothing says the holidays have arrived like Harry & David…except if you have a Groupon & actually remember to use it before it expires.
- Fuel Up to Play 60. sure, the partnership with the NFL is exciting, but watching these little kiddos run a school-wide initiative is absolutely inspiring. i’m so happy they were honored at last Sunday’s Colts game.
- Nelson Mandela. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Random run-ins with old crushes. the thing about being back in my hometown is that i run into the most random people from high school. even better? when i run into past crushes...
- Snow. as long as i have no travel plans, i love the snow. when work issues a two-hour snow delay, that’s even better. i mean, i was still up by 7 am, but there’s something about reading the paper in bed...