in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- California. you got me good, you always do. thankfully, i have two weddings & a football game (Nebraska at Fresno St.) to attend in 2014. so, don’t worry, we’ll meet again!
- Every airline other than United. i was wheels up for a total of 12 hours last weekend, and guess how many “free” peanuts &/or pretzels i was offered? Zippo. from indy to denver? zilch. denver to san diego? nothin’. san diego to chicago? nope. chicago to indy? yea right.
- Hot Tamales. keep all the milk chocolate halloween candy, and pass me the cardboard boxes of Hot Tamales. last week, i picked up a bag while browsing the aisles of target, & my love affair with those sugar cinnamon capsules was most definitely reignited. can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Online Education. the thing is, the quality of education one receives means something different to every student. for some, receiving an online education is their only option. for the last 16 months, i have been humbled by the stories i read and the students i “meet,” & i am grateful every 12 weeks when my contract gets renewed.
- Pancakes. you do realize that i could eat these flapjacks on the daily, right? because i definitely could. i crave them more than any other food, & sometimes i find myself daydreaming about when i can eat them next, how i can work them into my meal plan, what new recipe i can taste test, etc etc etc. is this what it means to be in love?
- Running. i ran for the first time in two months on Wednesday morning. by 6:30 am, i had successfully run, without hip pain, 3 miles. i don’t think i’ll ever need run a marathon- because those early mile runs do enough for me (plus, the thought of running for 5 hours doesn’t mesh with my spirit. i’m better with the pom poms on the sideline! go team go!)