in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Justin Timberlake. this man. his concert. oh my, oh my.
- My Nebraska Girls. considering i’ve known these girls since i was 18, it’s amazing to me that we’ve remained so close. not only because of the challenge due to distance, but because of how much has occurred in our lives over the past 11 years. after spending yet another night with them, we all had a mutual feeling of contentment & admiration for how far we’ve each come. collectively, we’ve seen each other overcome such life-changing obstacles that our friendship is not only based on respect, but on an intimate level knowing our secrets will never get out…lord knows, that would be bad.
- Opinions. one of the greatest aspects of blogging is that every blogger has his/her opinions about food, travel, style, marriage, sports, etc etc etc. & while i attempt to keep my opinions about other’s lives/interests at bay, i appreciate the openness of those who express theirs. it makes the world go round,it really does. but let’s all remember, life’s too short to worry about eating, traveling to, wearing, dating, or cheering for some(thing/where/one) you don’t adore. be you, be happy. you’ve got this!
- Safe flights. sitting in a three-seat-across, 20 row plane while speeding through thunderclouds is not my idea of fun; however, if it’s gotta happen, i’m glad it’s thanks to a handsome pilot delivering us from point A to point B.
- Sugar. i went 28 days without it in my life, & i am so glad it’s back…in moderation.
- Valentine’s Day. it’s a day to tell those you love that they’re loved. it’s a day to do something kind for a stranger, to eat chocolate because you damn well feel like it, to thank your lucky stars you’re not dating the wrong person, & to treat yoself, because why the hell not.