in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Credit where credit’s due. Bob Kravitz, the sports writers for the Indy Star, wrote a great piece on the recent support our city has offered those in need. Two of my favorite Colts, Pat McAfee & Matt Overton, are mentioned as well as a couple other beloved circle city celebs. Tis the season to give back, & yet, Kravitz highlights those who do it year round.
- Jennifer Lawrence. every time i see one of her interviews, i become more convinced she & i should be friends. did you see her on Letterman this week? gahd. she’s great.
- Kid President. not only are his dimples adorable, he shares some great advice in his newest video “20 Things We Should Say More Often." bonus: dance.
- McDonald’s french fries. when you’re driving back from the middle of nowhere, sometimes you need the comfort of crunchy, greasy fries. am i right?
- Scotchguard. i have no idea if this stuff will actually work, but last night, i sprayed two cans on my couch & that was more calorie exertion than i experienced any other time of the day.
- Selena covers “Dream.” i’ve enjoyed this Priscilla Ahn song for a few years (it’s been in more romantic comedies than i can count), but i dig Selena’s version, too. how precious is she…& that hair!