in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Family. yesterday, there were only 5 of us seated around the table. my people. we were all healthy & seemingly happy, & this year, we’re all thankful for something significant. i’m fortunate enough to have a family that enjoys each other’s company— we laugh at each other’s off the wall comments & become even greater sarcastic smartasses— the best kind if you’re in the S family. the food was delicious (it always is), but the presence of my favorite foursome made my heart swell. i’m not sure how we all ended up within 15 miles of our hometown, but i am so glad we did.
- Family Stone. this movie is a holiday classic in my house, & when paired with pumpkin pie & coffee after an already long morning/afternoon of eating? that’s what Thanksgiving is all about.
- Friendsgiving. it’s been 4 years going strong for Patrick as host & considering this year he (& Ben) had 20+ attendees, i’m glad i’m still making the cut.
- JCrew flannel pajamas. the quality is great and the discovered comfort is magical (enter HOLIDAY for 30% off).
- Peace. this last week, i’ve felt a peace about life, about where i’ve landed, about who’s apart of it, about where i’m headed & who’s coming with me. it’s a nice feeling, especially during this time of year when we find ourselves in our most thankful state.
- Trouble with the Curve. my long-time spark for Mr. JT has been well-documented, as has my love affair with sports-related movies (Coach Carter, Invincible, Miracle, Moneyball, the Fighter, etc etc etc). This Clint Eastwood, JT & Amy Adams flick has quickly become one of my go-tos. If you are a fan of baseball & handsome, rugged men, you’ll probably like this, too.