in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Bentley. she gets more precious with age & even precious after recovering from surgery & ever more precious after being groomed & even more precious when she’s reunited with me for the holiday.
- Coffee dates. don’t have a lot of time around the holidays? commit to a cup of coffee. last weekend, Emily, a dear friend since the 4th grade, stopped by while in town from Chicago. we shared a cup of coffee, caught up on life, & then parted ways, but that hour spent together made my day. it wasn’t a huge time commitment but sure was an impressionable one.
- Crock Pot. Mama got a beautiful slow cooker as an early Christmas gift & this week, i made Salsa Chicken. have any great Crock Pot recipes? I’d love to have them!
- Holiday shopping. as much as i love online shopping, nothing brings joy to my heart quite like receiving an extra 30% off in store the weekend before Christmas (<—i’m lookin’ at you J.Crew!). plus, you add in the unruly strangers, those waiting in life for a picture with Santa, & the ability to use rushing around the aisles as an excuse not to work out for the day… man, i love this time of year!
- Mini Marshmallows. add in a 1/4 a cup to diet hot chocolate…hello, new nightly addiction!
- Plaid. between plaid & polka dots & everything else printed, i can’t get enough.
- Selflessness. it’s not always about me (how shocking!) & sometimes, i need someone to point that out. thank goodness, i surround myself with people who are often times just as blunt as yours truly. & nothing being said can hurt when you know it’s the honest truth.
- Snow. we had our first snow in Indy last night & it is beautiful! plus, thanks to my yearly HOA fees, the handsome men driving the Bobcats outside don’t make for a bad addition either!
- Tamales. i’m not talking the candy. i’m taking the deliciousness that is masa filled with sweet corn or chicken or spicy pork or whatever else you chose. The Tamale Place on the Westside is one of the best dining spots we’ve discovered in Indy. & last night, i found myself in a tamale coma & it was fabulous.