November has always been my favorite month of the year.
Besides it being my birth month (hello, 7th!), i love so much more about it than just that one day.
This year, November is even more exciting because my weekends are booked with autumn goodness.
All of the following (plus the unexpected) will make this month fabulous:
- Starbucks red cups (trivial yet appreciated)
- crunching the leaves on the ground
- crisp (read: cold) mornings
- the necessity for a stylish jacket
- noses turning red when chilled
- two weekends spent nannying the little munchkins
- Thanksgiving (!!!)- all the turkey & stuffing that Mama can prepare
- Pumpkin pie (non of that store-bought stuff!)
- the morning of Thanksgiving when a pot of coffee has been brewed, jammers are still being worn, & make-up is definitely not applied
- candles that smell like home
- expressing genuine Thankfulness for recently transpired events
- hot chocolate & chai tea
- catching up with friends who happen to be in-town to visit their own families
- decorating for fall (& decorating, in general)
- prepping for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving
- helping Mama decorate their house with old school heirlooms (aka Popsicle stick art pieces that i concocted in kindergarten)
- utilizing a fireplace
- listening to Christmas music (make me swoon, Michael Buble!)
- lounging around in comfies whenever there’s time
- chunky emerald-tone scarves
- scruff on a guy- that 5 o’clock shadow gets me every time. (thanks to my girl, Joanna, for reminding me! how could i forget this?)
- fleece-lined leggings. all day. every day.
- putting the double oven to good use on the weekends
- finally crossing off titles from my “books to read” list
- long walks & occasional jogs
- turning down the heat & piling on blankets & blankets
What are you looking forward to this fall?