in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- American Idol. i realize Nicki Minaj may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but how can you not appreciate the nicknames she’s doling out? if i was ever nervous before auditioning for a panel, i would love being referred to as a little ladybug or some other outlandish name based on my quirky features. to each their own…
- Biggest Loser challenge. Monday was the first day of our work-promoted fitness challenge. it’s been a week filled with consistent [early morning & late night] workouts, checking in with my teammate, & constantly resisting carbs (to an extent). i’m convinced the first week of any diet/workout change is the hardest, so here’s to the next 12 weeks!
- Bulking up my teaching schedule. i found out this week that they’ve added another class to my spring workload. to say i’m excited about the opportunity would be a huge understatement- this addition should definitely perk up these dreary months a bit!
- eBay. currently selling a coat & searching to purchase coffee table books. a win win? perhaps.
- Nannying. it’s been a couple months since i’ve hung out with these three little darlings & this go round, they’re putting up with me for a solid five days. & you thought i was full of sass? these girls put my sarcasm to shame! so entertaining.
- Shirt-dresses. don’t know what to wear in the mornings? i love having the option of throwing on a shirt-dress with leggings, boots, a chunky scarf, & sweater, & looking as if i actually tried to be more presentable. it’s a nicer look than the jeans & t-shirt combo & quite frankly, i feel more confident when i’m dressed in the dress/boots option.
- Sugar-free. in an effort to curb cravings, i’m pretty much avoiding sweets. it’s not as difficult as i thought it would be- reminds me of my days in Kansas when i refused to spend the money on store-bought sweets. we’ll see how long this new-found ban lasts…