in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- house hunting. the thing that’s ironic about dreaming up houses in the indianapolis neighborhood is that if someone would’ve told me a year ago that i would be back in indianapolis considering a home, i would’ve said, “no way!” but, here i am, day dreaming about being domestic in the city that tragically let Peyton Manning walk away from a sport i really adore. i’m sure crazier things will happen in my lifetime because honestly, this idea that i could potentially own a home is boggling the heck out of my mind and i kind of love it!
- pilates/yoga. i took a pilates class in college & at the same, what i loved about it the most wasn’t the work-out, but it was the fact that i was enrolled with two of my best friends. each and every wednesday after class, the three of us would head down to one of my favorite local joints, “Dally’s Deli” and we’d order the same meal (#30 on a jalapeno wrap with baked barbeque lays and a large diet mountain dew). oh, how things have changed! pilates and yoga have now become a time to breathe deeper, stretch further, and sweat a little more. i would give anything for another class spent with those two girls, but in the meantime, the alternative isn’t too shabby.
- painting. Mama J definitely got the creative gene & I am so thankful that i grabbed onto a bit of it before i was born. besides writing love notes to dear friends, painting might just be one of the greatest art forms to relax and let my inner picasso-wannabe take flight. plus, you add in the outside-of-work bonding time with co-workers & you’ve got yourself a deal.
- june. the true month of summer. dinners eaten outside, lunches spent reading on a bench, workouts extending to sunrise, hair being air-dried more days than not…it’s all so lovely.
- good news. just in the nick of time, i learned that my Master’s degree in English will be used for its original intention! i have been interviewing for the last couple months, trying to snatch up an online teaching position (because i can’t let go of my teaching college courses!), and i found out yesterday that i got the job! training starts in a couple weeks and i am more that elated to put that degree to work.
- hope. sometimes, that’s all we’ve got.