in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- the calm before the storm. last weekend was peaceful, relaxed & easy before everything turned chaotic. last weekend was a reminder to appreciate the times when a full breath can be taken, when the mind can be clear & when all people seem genuinely good.
- prom.whilst not my prom per say, but witnessing 10 happy couples all dressed up for their junior & senior prom night brought back so many memories of the one prom i attended- the fancy dress i can’t believe i actually wore, my handsome date who is now happily married, the choice to have sprigs of baby breath pinned into my up-do…oh, memories.
- reminders. i keep on thinking about what would have happened if Tuesday went differently-if we would’ve been home, if one of the girls would have been hurt, if i didn’t have family nearby to help us out, etc. & i keep on reminding myself just how lucky we were for it all.
- new adventures.i have an interview today for a small, part-time gig. something along the lines of teaching.. more to come if all goes well.
- a busy weekend. tonight, the girls & i head back to their house & there’s still a cop sitting outside which brings me a whole helluva lot of comfort. luckily, we have a busy weekend & won’t be spending too much time inside.
p.s. this is your friendly reminder to back-up your computers. i had over 10,000 pictures on my computer before it was stolen! pictures that were taken with the very first digital camera i owned-way back in 2002. i can’t imagine not having all the pictures from undergrad & graduate school graduations, countless weddings, random photo-opps, etc. thankfully, i backed up my computer on Christmas day this last year so i only lost whatever pictures i took from December 26th until Monday of this week. just back it up, that’s all i’m saying.