in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Chicago! every time i venture up north, i fall in love, even more, with that city! i get lost in the wind, i never feel lost, & i adore the chaos. being able to go up on a search for a wedding dress only made me fall in love a little more. so many possibilities up in that fair city & so many people that i love, as well!
- mini-reunions. last sunday, the bride-to-be, Crissy, one of our best friends Lauren, and I met up for coffee to discuss Crissy’s wedding plans. talk about girl heaven-it was amazing listening to all the details of photographers, caterers, wedding planners, etc. every discussion about weddings brings happiness- i can only imagine how elated i will be when that times arrives in my own life if i’m already this excited for others
- the ability to be myself at the workplace. this week at work, we had the opportunity to discuss what we really enjoy most about the office, the people, the environment, etc. & my first inclination was to express how grateful i am to have a job where i can 100% be myself. being able to wear what i would typically wear on the weekends, being able to slip on a big ole bow without question, being able to walk around in leopard-printed flats while being productive at the office- they all add up to great working environment. it’s the small things, like the realization that a job isn’t forcing me to be more corporate or more uniform, that really do make a difference.
- attitude. on the way to chicago, we were discussing where positive attitudes originate-why every person is different when it comes to their overall vision of life. personally, i’ve always been a pretty optimistic person, but i am also well-aware of how events that have taken place over the last 5 years in my own life have drastically changed my view on my life & how i should never take each day for granted. for me, in my own past, appreciating the small things in life helped me survive the most grueling of days-& for that, i will never forget & i will forever be thankful for simple pleasures in life.
- Wear Your Slippers To Work day. i didn’t win the gas-card prize, but i did get to wear slippers to the office…win/win?
- morning work-outs. i don’t think the words “i love working out this early” will ever come out of my mouth at 5 a.m., but by 6 p.m., i am definitely glad that i don’t have to rush home in order to work-out, instead i can rush home to put on my comfies!