in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Cost Plus World Market. this store has become my go-to for home accessories (accent chairs included). i have discovered some of the most beautiful pillows, decorations, and outdoor flair at their Carmel location. plus, once you become a rewards member, there are plenty of coupons sent your way.
- Lincoln Square Pancake House. after a mid-morning meeting, we headed over to Lincoln Square for brunch, and i have to say, their Meridian St. location makes one of the best omelets in town. an omelet from a pancake house? i failed to mention when you order an omelet, you have a choice of toast or pancakes (!!!). don’t let the facade fool you, step inside and be charmed.
- Mid-day walk breaks. we’re fortunate that our office shares a block with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the state, and therefore, we share some pretty sweet walking paths around the(ir) complex. as the seasons have finally started to shift, the ladies in our office have been taking advantage of mid-day walking breaks. never have i looked forward to walking three miles more than i have on days when i can get out of the office for a little Vitamin D.
- Nude heels. i can’t wait to bust out these beauties on a regular basis. sure, i suppose you can wear nude heels year round, but i’m more looking forward to the fact that i can stow away my beloved leather boots and start relying more heavily on some feminine heels.
- Taco Bell Breakfast. while i will always be loyal to my one true love, Mackey’s, there’s nothing wrong with expanding the A.M. drive-thru selection. i picked up a variety of waffle tacos, flats, burritos and even their sweet Cinnabon treats, and gotta say, i definitely didn’t hate it. i mean…a waffle…eggs…bacon…and syrup? yes.
- The Naked Monkey. a few years back, a Groupon led me to this cleverly named waxing locale, and even after my deal ran its course, i’ve remained quite loyal to my time with my girl, Mandi. sure waxing, of any kind, isn’t the most popular topic of discussion, but if you’re gonna do it, you might as well frequent a business where you know you’re in good hands. i cannot recommend The Naked Monkey enough. (3 locations around the city)
- Zappos overnight delivery. there are very few times i’d deem it necessary to choose overnight delivery for a clothing item, and that’s why, with Zappos, you don’t have to choose. sometimes, they just do it up for you!