in an effort to truly recognize the simple pleasures in my life, i have compiled a list of random happenings that made the last seven days a lot brighter. (& trust me, they were all very much appreciated.)
- Blogger meet-ups. every meet & greet is so exciting & never as creepy as one might think. since day one, i’ve treated this blog as my little keepsake journal so i’m humbled by the fact there are people who actually read it as part of their daily routine.
- Client opportunities. 5 years ago, i never thought i’d be working at a company that even had clients- let alone would allow me to work on a fashionable client at that. so this week definitely caught me off guard—in a good way, of course. i’m always grateful for a diversion from my regular routine…especially if it involves a photographer, hair bows & a make-up artist.
- Emails from (EXTREMELY mature) 24 yr olds. thus far, Match.com is proving to be the most entertaining venture i’ve ever encountered. i get emails from creepy middle-aged men who are recently divorced living in Utah & then i get emails from college frat boys wondering why i haven’t responded within 24 hours of their original outreach. i’ve seen more selfies from scantily clad men than i ever cared to see & more pleas for attention than i frankly know how to handle. i’m not really sure why i joined Match (except for the fact that it’s #movinonmay), but a week into the commitment & i can understand why people keep subscribing. (you can also follow my adventures using the hashtag #BdoesMatchdotcom on twitter)
- Iced coffee. dear afternoon addiction, please don’t ever leave. xo, B
- Kindness. it’s really not that difficult to be kind. contain your sass when necessary, stop being a jerk & the whole world will be a way better place. simple enough?
- Print media. i have 10 magazines sitting on my coffee table & the Friday morning Indianapolis Star by my side. whoever said print media is dead clearly hasn’t visited my house.